Time for another challenge in Lottie’s Finishing School (then I’m almost up to date!). E is for Eyes. This is a two part challenge where we can complete either or both.
1. Have an Eye Test
I have had an eye test within the last two years so I’m not yet due. I am supposed to wear glasses for reading & work however I rarely, if ever, do. In fact just the other day my daughter found them hidden in a drawer and asked me why I wasn’t wearing them. So for the last couple of days I have been trying to get into the habit of wearing them again and they are actually helping.
2. Wear Mascara every day for a week.
Being the no fuss, simple person that I am my makeup routine is also basic. Before FlyLady I wouldn’t even wear makeup if I was at home or even just going down the street! Now I wear a bit of makeup every day and it’s amazing the difference it makes to your self esteem. Adding Mascara every day has perked me up just that little bit more.
At home I apply:
- Eye cream : L’Oreal RevitaLift
- Moisturiser : Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15
- Concealer (if needed) : Estee Lauder Maximum Cover (this is actually a foundation but I don’t use it as one)
- Compact powder : Covergirl buff beige
- Blush : Estee Lauder Peach Nuance
- Eyeshadow : Estee Lauder Ravishing Auburn (browns) or L’Oreal ColorAppeal Trio Pro Blue Eyes (which is more grey than blue)
- Bit of lipstick or gloss : my favorite is Estee Lauder Love Affair
When I go into the office I do all of the above plus:
- Eyeliner : Maybeline Unstoppable Espresso
- Mascara : Maybelline XXL Volume + Length (can’t wait to try a new one with more volume though)
What is your makeup routine? Are there any products you can recommend?
Get ready for the next challenge! F is for Fitness!