The lovely Lottie has set another challenge for her Finishing School. F is for Fitness *\o/* ! The challenge for this week is to:
- walk or do some form of exercise for 30 minutes a day. This can be as easy as walking the kids to the park or walking to work and back or as intense as swimming 100 lengths, whatever takes your fancy and is dooable.
As you would know this is a big F that I’ve been trying to work on for over 12 weeks now. Just see my weekly The F Word posts to track my progress. Like most people I can think of better things to do than exercising however I must admit that spending just 30 minutes a day doing SOMETHING always makes me feel better. I love going to the gym. It is my time out of the house doing something for ME. The only trouble is I usually have to rush back to cook dinner!
|my treadmill, my friend|
Below is what I plan to do each week.
Mon, Wed, Fri – Cardio
- This can be in the form of interval training on the bike or treadmill at the gym (I hate the cross trainer so I refuse to use it even though it would probably be the most beneficial).
- Last week I started doing C25K, completing all three days. I actually ran! And it got easier each day.
- If I can’t make it to the gym I get on our treadmill in the garage.
- On days when I go into the office I walk to and from the station …briskly, especially when running late… which is 20 minutes each way.
Tue, Thur – Weights
- I use the weights circuit at the gym for my strength training. It gives an all over muscle workout.
Sat – Rest day or make up day
- Don’t forget incidental exercise… vacuuming, mopping, gardening, shopping
Sun – We’ll be starting to play tennis this week as part of Family Fun Day.
In the near future I want to learn how to play golf so that my husband and I can spend time together enjoying a common activity. (I’ve already hinted at golf clubs for Christmas). He loves golf but never gets the time to play. Time to make time!
I see this as just the start… As my fitness improves I plan on doing even more activities.
And as a treat for doing all that exercise we can treat ourselves with a bit of G is for Glamour!
Do you have a fitness routine? What exercise or sport do you like?
* Fitness makes me Fabulous *