Last week I mentioned we had to change our diet for health reasons. We’ve tried a couple of “healthy snack” recipes which are recommended as part of a liver diet, but they seem to still give DH grief, so a lot of our menu planning is going to be either trial and error or el-blando.
1) Menu Planning
I have FINALLY used some or the inspiration I’ve been gathering on Pinterest and made a Menu Planner in a frame. I’ve only just finished so I still have to put it on the wall and purchase a dry erase marker to write our menu on it.
Old Frame with Glass
Patterned Paper – Sassafras Lass – Mix and Mend Collection – Delicate Olio
Alpha Title – Websters Pages – Ladies and Gents Collection – Storytellers
Other Alpha – Lily Bee Design – Happily Lost Collection
Thanks to the following for the inspiration :
Now for this weeks menu…
Monday ~ Turkey with Salad
Tuesday ~ Soy & Sesame Marinated Chicken with brown rice
Wednesday ~ Trimmed Lamb with Salad
Thursday ~ Lean Beef stir fry with brown rice
Friday ~ Pasta with Roast Pumpkin
Saturday ~ Chicken, Potato and Vegetables
Sunday ~ Vegetarian Sausage Rolls with potato and salad
I’m linking this menu plan up with Katrina from the Organised Housewife.
I am fairly organized when it comes to recipes, however I’ve started accumulating a few more over the last couple of weeks. I need to get these all into my recipe box.
This week I’m going to transfer new recipes to recipe box, and mark in the recipe books the ones that we can try. Maybe create a master list that can also be used for the menu plan.
3) Declutter Our House
We decluttered our pantry, fridge and freezer. I threw out 2 bags of foodstuffs that were past their use by date. (What a waste!) We also had a box of items left over which were still OK or unopened which we gave to relatives. I think someone ate all the really crappy junk food once they heard I was going to do a clean out.
Here’s what I’ve tossed/donated so far:
1. Broken sandwich toaster
2. Old magazines
3. Cleaned out the cupboard under the stairs so we had space to store Christmas tree & decorations
4. Had light fittings installed (that were in the cupboard under the stairs for a year!) and discarded the boxes… Hub wanted to keep the old light fittings but I put a stop to that
5. Sorted arts & crafts, threw out one bag trash
6. Re-arranged DD12′s room, threw out 4 bags trash
7. 1 bag DD12′s clothes to charity
8. 1 box DD12′s figurines and toys to charity
9. Cleaned out bathroom cupboard and threw out old make-up, lotions and potions
10. Organized jewelry and got rid of broken useless pieces
11. Sorted the Warranties and Manuals file. Threw out old manuals and expired warranties.
12. Attacked the filing tray. Filled the shredder twice.
13. Sorted through my old dress patterns and threw out the ones I know will never ever come back in fashion
14. Sorted through all my fabric stash which had been stored away for years. Threw out those bits that were unable to be used.
15. De-cluttered my Google Reader
16. Unsubscribed to emails I don’t follow or read
17. Old TV
18. Old microwave
19. Bike frame
20. Cardboard boxes
21. 2 bags of food from pantry/fridge/freezer tossed, 1 box given away
I’ll check back here next Monday with an update on my progress (hopefully) and a new set of goals.