1) Paperclipping Roundtable is a series of podcasts hosted by Noell and Izzy Hymen where a panel of scrappers discuss scrapbooking. I’m really enjoying listening to the different opinions of each guest, the latest news in the scrap world, and their product picks (which I always end up searching for). Izzy’s input is fantastic too. It’s a great program to listen to while scrapping, working or anything.
2) SpeedScraps is a wonderful blog by Christy where she shares her tips and tricks for digital scrapbookers. Her layouts are lovely and she has some great scripts for photoshop to make things easier, such as the Supply Tracker which names each layer according to the file name of your supplies, and creates a list of the supplies to help you with credits.
3) Every Day Imagination is a fabulous blog by Joey who showcases digital scrapbook designs and layouts. She gives advice on design principles and has a few freebies available for download, as well as links to some really pretty kits.
This weekend I’ll be at the Sydney Craft Expo (all weekend!) so I hope to have lots of things to share from this corner of the globe next week. If you’re in the area and wish to attend, here are the details …
Name: CraftExpo Sydney 2011
Date: Mar 10, 2011 to Mar 13, 2011
Location: Rosehill Racecourse, Rosehill Gardens, Sydney
Opening Times: 10am to 4.30pm Daily
Here are three things I have discovered lately in my searches around the interweb.
1) Design House Digital is a digital scrapbooking site. They have a great article on how to How to Organize (and find) your digi supplies in iPhoto. I have started collecting digital kits and this tutorial demonstrates the perfect way to file them on your Mac. I didn’t know you could create another library in iPhoto and this will keep your scrapbook files separate to all your photos.
2) Scrapbook.com has a great tip for recording details of your photos in iPhoto. This will make it so much easier when it comes to journaling later. Now I just have 7000+ photos to go through!
3) Craft Expo – is coming to Sydney in March 10 – 13. I have missed out on this expo the last few years, but not this time! I’ve joined up to become a member, have my tickets, and marked down the stalls and demonstrations I want to see. Lucky it’s the weekend before the Aussie Bloggers Conference … Squee!
What have you discovered this week? If you’ve blogged about it why not join the linky below?
It has been another busy week on the home front. Every spare moment I’ve had I’ve been decluttering. I’ve reorganized my craft room so I finally have all my papers arranged, by color, in my new draws. I have a spot for my art supplies with pencils out at the ready so I can sketch at any time. I also have a place for other craft items, current projects, and inspiration & ideas. Everything has been labeled so that Graviee will know where things belong if she uses them….hopefully. I just have one container left to sort through, which is full of material and half finished sewing projects.
Here are my 3 Discoveries for this week…
1. Cluck Cluck Sew - I want to get back into sewing again soon. Having a quick look into my container, I came across some lovely fabric I’ve been holding onto for 13 years(!!) to make a quilt – it’s on my bucket list too. Anyhoo, I stumbled on this lovely blog by Allison which has some handy tips, tutorials, patterns and all things patchwork & quilting.
2. Sketchbookideas - Do you want to draw but don’t know what? Here is a list of 149 things to draw to get you started.
3. Evernote – I now have this app on my iPhone and Mac … and they sync up! I haven’t used it to its full potential yet but here is one way it has helped me. Graviee needs to clean her room. She gets overwhelmed and doesn’t know where to start so she asked me for a list. Evernote to the rescue! I’ve typed up a quick list for her (including breaks), with check boxes, printed it out and now she’s cleaning! I also have a “Honey Do List”, a “Wish List”, quick notes of websites or phone numbers I need to go back to, anything I want to jot down. Check out the intro video for more cool things it can do.
What have you discovered this week? I’ve added a Mister Linky below for you to share