*\o/* HAPPY NEW YEAR *\o/*
In case you haven’t heard we came back from our holiday on Magnetic Island yesterday, which sadly means no more restaurants or room service…. boo! If you ever get the chance to go to Maggie try Noodies (above). They do great Mexican food and you get a free sombrero with every jug of cocktails.
Anyhoo… Back to reality, work and our routines. This week I’ve tried to make the meals as easy as possible with what we already have on hand. I’ll still need to pop to the store for fresh veg for the salads.
Garlic & Herb (Masterfoods marinade) Chicken Kebabs and Cous Cous
Shepherds Pie and Vegetables
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
Steak and Salad
Healthy Chicken Parmigiana and Vegetables
Lamb with Chickpeas and Hummus
my recipe to try this week – Lamb with Chickpeas and Hummus
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lamb backstrap
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 420g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, drained, halved
- 1/3 cup hommus dip
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Make dressing: Combine ingredients in a screw-top jar with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, chickpeas, feta, lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Thinly slice lamb. Add to salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Divide salad between plates. Drizzle with hommus dressing. Serve.
Check out OrgJunkie.com for more delicious menus.
If you like this post, why not join my fan page on Facebook? Did you know that I now have a button you can grab too?