Anyone who knows me knows that I love coffee….but why?
1. I’m addicted, I admit it. I started drinking coffee when I was studying for final exams. I really started drinking coffee… more than 3, sometimes 8 cups a day… when I gave up smoking.
2. I love my cappuccinos, lattes, flat whites, percolated, plunger, even instant. And have you ever tried an espresso martini? OMG!
3. I just love the aroma. It’s hard to walk past a coffee shop without taking in a deep breath.
4. It’s a sociable drink. Popping out for a coffee break with colleagues, meeting up for a coffee with friends, or sitting around a table having chat over a cuppa.
5. I find coffee soothing. When I hold that mug in my hands and breathe in deep it relaxes me.
6. It compliments so many foods, either after a meal or with a delicious piece of cake… or chocolate… or biscuits…. especially Tim Tams. Bight off both ends of a Tim Tam and suck the coffee up through it like a straw… mmmmmelty chocolatey goodness.
7. It picks you up in the morning (or when 3:30itis sets in). A lot of people say they can’t function of a morning until they’ve had a coffee.
8. I love the comforting warmth. Especially on a cold winter morning. It starts with the warmth of holding the mug and then as you drink it spreads through your body.
9. I love when my husband calls me up at work to say he’s in the area and asks if I want to meet up for a coffee. Of course I do, not just for the coffee but it’s one time we can chat by ourselves, without interruptions.
10. I just love it.
This post is in response to Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt 3.) A list of 10 reasons you do or do not drink coffee.