Wow! has it been over 2 months since I last did a challenge? Time has just flown. This year I plan to do a regular post on Body Image so it’s only fitting that I start with one of Lottie’s Finishing School Challenges. And wouldn’t you know it… I is for Image!
I’ve always struggled with my image for as long as I can remember. This challenge is a Q&A that really makes you think.
1. Write down three words you think describe your image now.
2. Now write down three words you would like to use to describe your image.
- Feminine (and fabulous)
3. Now write down three things you love about the way you present yourself be it in terms of what you wear, how you act or what you do. If you can’t find three things then you have some work to do.
- I love that I now wear accessories. They do make a difference.
- I love that I am not so concerned now about what other people think of me…. well not as much as before.
- I love that my family has noticed (some of) the positive changes I’ve made and the confidence I’m gaining.
4. Write down five things you can do to change your image to how you want it to be or further enhance those good bits of your present image. This bit is simple. It need only be a five point list. Make sure your aims are realistic and achievable in the next two weeks.
- Style my hair each day – this got a bit relaxed while I was on holidays
- Wear heels each day – walk tall
- Put on some music and dance
- Paint my nails more
- Wear an apron cooking and cleaning – I did this on Christmas day and felt more feminine, not sure why since it wasn’t even a nice frilly one…. It was a Santa apron
Let me know if you join in the Finishing School fun. It’s an amazing journey!
Next Thursday… J is for ??? Something us busy Mums (and Dads) have to be good at…. Juggling.
If you like this post, why not join my fan page on Facebook? Did you know that I now have a button you can grab too?