Alternative Title a : Social Media Suicide
Alternative Title b : Airing Out My Mind
Regular readers would know I’ve been going through some shit, although I’ve never gone into any great detail on here. Now that I’m switching from nasty evil anti-depressants to not-that-much-better, am-I-going-to-be-dependent-for-the-rest-of-my-life, bipolar meds, I’m starting to see that I really need to simplify things. Apart from the fact that everyone tells me I can’t start my own business… because… well, I have so many ideas I can’t put any into action, I’m not skilled enough, it should remain a hobby… and not an obsessive one, I can’t even manage the household at the moment so a business on top of that is totally laughable, and to top it off, whenever I try to plan anything like that the market decides to go belly-up. Pffft!
Then I get to thinking … so what do I really want to do (that will also make everyone else happy?) What are all the projects I have going on at the moment and are there any that I can go without? To give you an idea of how project/course obsessive I’ve been, this is some of the stuff I’m currently signed up for…
- Bucket List – where it all began… I honestly can’t see myself ticking everything off and this is something that has been laughed at since the day I started. I’m thinking of archiving this one.
- Project365 – The longest I have ever stuck to anything on a daily basis. 138 days to go. I am going to keep doing this and posting on my blog. But I will not be doing it again next year.
- Finishing School with the fabulous Lottie – I have to do this for me. This one stays.
- Colour or is it Color – course has finished, but I still have 3 layouts to do which I hope to tick off this week.
- Finding Photo Freedom – about 4 weeks behind but this is such an amazingly beneficial course I will continue doing this one.
- MotherLOAD – 2 weeks behind and this one is just gearing up for the big event in September. It stays.
- One Little Word – Definitely stays. It’s only a bit each month for the year.
- Copic Coloring1 – self paced, pushed to the back until the other classes are done
- Art Journaling 101 – self paced, pushed to the back until the other classes are done
- A-Z scrapping – will do as time permits, may even use it if I need inspiration during the MotherLOAD
- Drawing 101 – self paced, pushed to the back until the other classes are done
- Italian – I may give this up
- Big Idea Festival (started yesterday) – Free runs for 12 days.
So after looking at that I’ve decided it is important for me to finish most of the things I’ve started. The bucket list, while I’ve always thought it a good idea, has some big items in it which are not realistic and will be a constant dark cloud over my head. I’m also definitely not signing up for any more courses until these are done.
Now to blogging…
I’ve been to 3 blogging conferences and where am I? After each conference I’ve walked away with different ideas. I admire so many other bloggers out there who have really made a name for themselves. I thought that’s what I wanted too. Now I’m not so sure. I don’t want to advertise, I don’t want to sell out, I don’t want to be constantly trying to get people to read my blog. I’m not a “Hey Look at Me” person. I guess that’s why I’m not so good with Facebook and Twitter either. Would anyone really care if I closed my Facebook page or Twitter account? I’ll still have my blog. I need this space. But that is all it will be. My space to write and post photos and crap on about stuff that won’t interest many people. So you may, or may not, see some changes, depending on how I feel.
And I’ll still be here if people want to find me.